July 1, 2009

Robin, the Boy Wonder!...

...or what the show was actually known as--- "Batman". Why oh WHY is this tv series not out on dvd yet? How long must I wait!? Seriously, if you work at Warner Bros you must get them on to it pronto. I loved this show. It would come and go in reruns over the years and has been seen less and less. But it was fantastic and still is. As a kid, I was only interested in the action-crime-fighting-fun of seeing Batman, Robin and Batgirl brought to life. I knew some parts of the show were silly but, I didn't care. As an adult, the show went to a whole new level as I got all the humor that went over my head as a kid. With the amazing over the top villains, and Julie Newmar as Catwoman (Eartha Kitt was purrrr-fect too). Plus Batman and Robin were very easy on the eyes. And let's not forget the male bonding between Bruce and Dick with their days filled with the easy lives of playboys, long nights alone sliding down their poles to the Batcave---Aunt Harriot always wondering what those two were up to. Only Alfred knew what was really going on wink wink. Lol!

1 comment:

Stephen R. said...

Burt Ward was (and in my mind, always will be) HOT!

And I either wanted to be Yvonne Craig as Batgirl or I wanted to wear her Batgirl costume.

And ride her Batgirl Cycle. With lace trim. :)