September 22, 2010

It's the Wednesday mini dance par-TAY!

Shakespears Sister mother F-aahhhs! I just found out (about a year late) that Siobhan Fahey is back with a new song "It's a trip." For those not in the know, way back in the day, Siobhan was huge in the 1980's as 1/3rd of the amazing girl group---"Bananarama". After many hits with the group, she left and paired with American songbird Marcella Detroit to became the duo "Shakespears Sister." They went all the way to number 4 on Billboard hot 100 in the early 90s with the haunting song and scary video "stay." And they had a few more gems, one being "I don't care" before eventually parting ways with each other---hmm I guess the fighting in the "i don't care" video wasn't acting. But Siobhan carried on as a solo until 1996. And after a 13 year break, came back in 2009 with this song and gender bending video---Which I just found out about. Oh well, better late than never... ...here are the good old Mtv days... "...i don't care if you talk about me, i don't care if you write it out in song, whenever I fall I land on my feet, i don't care, i just don't care now. i don't care if you act like a queen, i don't care if you take it out on me, i've got my knives and i land on my feet, i don't care, i just don't care now."

No comments: