October 2, 2010

Kevin's a huge HIT!...

I had placed my order for Veronica 202 online and never got it---now I know why...Kevin's debut sold completely out requiring a reprint---a first in Archie Comics history (Archie was first introduced in 1941.)..................... Archie Comics’ teen sensation Kevin Keller—the first gay character in Archie Comics’ line of books—has been welcomed enthusiastically by Versace, the New York Times, and fans from every corner of the world. To celebrate the SOLD-OUT first printing of Kevin Keller’s debut issue, Veronica #202, Archie Comics is going back to the press for a special limited edition variant cover print run of Veronica #202.Already selling wildly back and forth on online auction sites like eBay, Kevin Keller’s debut issue has become highly coveted world-wide. The special limited edition variant cover print run of Veronica #202 will feature a remastered and recolored cover.“We never thought Kevin Keller would become so hot so fast!” exclaimed Archie Comics Co-CEO Jon Goldwater.“It’s been a thrill to see how well people have welcomed Kevin into their lives,” continues Goldwater. “His introduction was always just about keeping the world of Archie Comics current and inclusive. It just made sense at the time and we couldn’t be happier to have such widespread and enthusiastic support behind Kevin’s continued presence at Archie Comics!”Kevin Keller’s full debut story “Isn’t it Bromantic?” will be re-released in the limited edition variant cover print run of VERONICA #202 featuring the full-issue story that introduces Kevin, Archie Comics’ first gay character.
Kevin’s limited edition variant cover issue of VERONICA #202 will be available through ArchieComics.com and in comic shops beginning October 6th and in limited quantities at the 2010 New York Comic Con taking place October 8-10.Kevin’s next appearances will take place in VERONICA #204 & #205.For more information about Kevin Keller, Archie Comics or Archie Comics’ presence at New York Comic Con, stay tuned to www.archiecomics.com/

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Yay! That's so great to hear! I got my copy as well!

Avenjer said...

Well, I hope they send me the reprint soon. But I'm glad the Kevin character by sales numbers is now here to stay :)

Andy said...

I preorder my comics about three months in advance, so that never happens to me. Sorry you didn't get it :(. I got mine, thankfully :). You may want to check out mailordercomics.com, I've been doing business with them for years and have only had one problem, which they promptly took care of. And from all the people I've told about them you'd think I'd get a kickback lol.

Avenjer said...

Thanks. They did send the variant copy to me. It was a good story and handled well. I'm happy for the character's and the issue's success.