July 14, 2010

It's the Wednesday mini dance par-TAY!

And it's a CRASH-UP (in this case, not a mash-up, and I luv it) of "tik tok/california gurls" basically proving they're the same song. Ok, not exactly. But I thought the same thing when I heard California gurls too. The tik tok "oh-oo-whoa-oo-wo-oh" with the cali gurl "oh-ooo-woah-oh" and the word phrasing, and songs structures, breaks, keys, etc. Many similarities between these two. But whatever, I like both songs (pure unashamed pop that you can't help bopping to) and this nonsense-crash-up of both at the same time works for me. I like nonsense :) ...and don't forget Kylie's new album is out now! This song (a cover of one of her 1980s hits, yes it's that old, she originally did it with Jason Donovan) is not on the album. But it should be. The song works just fine with Kermit singing Jason's part. So sweet. Awww. The muppets show should be put back on tv.

No comments: