May 8, 2010

Here's the truth you want to say about 90% of your friends and their babies...

...but you can't because, your friends don't realize they gave birth to Jason Vorhees and the next star of a "girl's gone wild" video...
...nope, their precious angel is so sweet, so cute, everything they do is just adorable. Isn't it?! I SAID ISN'T IT?!!!!...
...Yes, of course it is. (you have to agree or they'll shut you out.) Which actually in some cases, I've preferred...
...In one case in particular, after a year of listening to them talk about their wedding, then 9 months of listening to them talk about the pregnancy and the baby on the way, and then the day after the birth hearing about how the baby is a genius, A GENIUS I SAID! (oh yes, I agreed) and then more months of hearing about every non cute thing the baby did that was SO cute, I asked "do you want to know about anything that's been going on in my life for the past 2 years?" "Oh, er, sure. Oh wait, the baby just did the cutest thing"....I dropped them and never looked back. They still send me a Christmas card for some reason. And guess who's only on the cover each year? That's right, their little darling. Now, I only deal with the parents who actually keep some perspective on their kids. And you know what? They're kids are genuinely adorable without having to announce it every 5 seconds. Keep that in mind you new mothers, this mother's day:)
...to quote Samantha Jones..."I don't have a baby---everybody drink!"

No comments: