July 30, 2009

G.I. JOE movie

The G.I. JOE movie is coming soon. The Buzz on this movie is mixed. It opens in August, which is a bad sign. All industries of entertainment save their worst stuff for August. Think about it...it's the end of the summer blockbuster season, not the begining. The kids are either going off to college or shopping for "back to school." No longer hanging out at the movies by August. In the TV world, it's reruns and leftovers until the new Fall season starts. In the magazine publishing, many big magazines don't even have an August issue--they replace it with an end of the the year issue or a special issue, to add up to 12 issues a year. Or if they combine it in a "July/August" issue that sits on the shelf for 2 months instead of one. There is no US holiday weekend in August. Etc etc etc. Life comes to a halt until Fall. Why do they do this? I don't know. But back to G.I.JOE, I will see this movie. I'm hoping it won't suck. But mentally, I'm preparing for the film to rape my childhood memories of the cartoon show and toys. But they have been very careful to not talk about much of the film, or show any of the major villains, and they have said that there is an amazing large battle underwater. Which makes me hopeful that they may not have screwed it up. If they had asked me what they could have done to make it a blockbuster---what else could I say----hardcore nudity!

No comments: